Are you a business that has been economically affected by the Coronavirus pandemic?
Need a one stop shop in which to keep pace with all the different government grants, loans and financial schemes?
To kick-start your business activity and/or keep you afloat through these unprecedented times here are a list of resources and organisations that have their finger on the pulse in supporting you through the COVID-19 Pandemic.
A. Government Financial Support
The government has provided small and large businesses a range of financial packages that businesses can apply for to support them with HR, operations, accounting and finance. However, to find out the latest updates on these grants, schemes and loans click on the links below:
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (Furlough)
- Claiming back statutory sick pay paid to employees due to COVID-19
3. Paying tax
- Deferral of VAT Payment Due to VAT due to COVID-19
- Deferral of Self-Assessment Payment due to COVID-19
- What to do if you cannot pay your tax bill
- Business Tax Relief for Retail, Hospitality, Leisure Businesses and Nurseries
- Coronavirus Small Business Grant Fund#
- Coronavirus Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
- Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund
- New: Coronavirus Local Lockdown Grants
- Grant for Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Coronavirus Future Fund
- Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility
B. Business Support, Resources and Advice
If you are looking for updates on government policy and support for businesses and employers visit the website: gov.uk/coronavirus/business-support and the Department for Business, Energy and Industry website.
Foundered by Emma Jones who is often asked for a ‘soundbite’ this small but influential business community network has the latest updates on government support, offers free advice and access to resources to support businesses affected by the coronavirus crisis.
A key player in brokering the government’s business interruption package, their coronavirus (covid-19) hub has the latest information, webinars and more for freelancers and small businesses.
In response to coronavirus the FSB is providing small businesses and the self-employed with the latest news, free webinars, access to help, advice and resources for your business, employees and mental health.
The BCC has a ‘Coronavirus Support Hub’ and a ‘Coronavirus Business Impact Tracker’ to keep you up-to-date and support your business.
If you are new to business or an early stage venture this is a good place to start, for
information on all the government packages and their own programme of business activities and support.